Thursday 14 April 2011

LOGGING PROGRAMS

After several years of using Xmlog which I still rate as an excellent program I recently started messing around with the logging program which comes with Ham Radio Deluxe. At the start it seemed very cumbersome and complex but as time went on and the more time that became available to me to experiment with it the more impressed I became. Too many features to mention but what stands out for me is its ability to connect to DM780 HRDs other excellent Digital mode program and automatically log contacts from the QSO Tx window. It also can be setup to auto connect with EQSL, LOTW(via a third party program called HRD Utilities) and HRD LOD.net it then automatically uploads your QSO info to the previously mentioned programs. Its award tracking and log filter features are also very impressive. While it may take a certain amount of time to setup to the individual user needs it is definitely worth the effort. Many thanks to Simon HB9DRV for his work and commitment to this wonderful program.

2 comments:

  1. Pat, I too have started to dabble with HRD and am particularly impressed with DigiMaster which is a massive improvement on MixW in my opinion. The only thing that has thusfar prevented me from changing from LOGic8 is the DXCC progress window in LOGic8 which shows what bands - and crucially what slots - you have worked a DXCC entity on. So I can type, for instance, BY into the DXCC window and see where I have worked China. Although HRD shows what bands you've worked them on, it does not seem to show each band slot - eg 15m Phone, CW and Digi. Perhaps it does but I just haven't found it yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony think u could be right haven't examined that part of the award tracking yet did notice how ever if I leave EQSL and HRD LOG.NET automatic QSO
    upload on HRD freezes. Not a big job to upload them manually every so often, probably my old pc or broadband connection. Have downloaded HRD Label program recently but haven't messed around with it 2 much. Might download LOGic8 and give it a spin.
    Thanks for comments Anthony 73s

    ReplyDelete